There are thousands of texture packs throughout the Minecraft community. Some being high resolutions, some the default resolution (16×16), and some even lower resolutions. Obviously, the packs with the higher resolutions look a lot better and more detailed than those with lower resolutions. However, packs with high resolutions, and even packs with the default resolution, can be hard on your eyes, and be a little difficult to look at in a way. The Original Limelife Texture Pack aims for a whole different target. This pack has a 16×16 resolution, but many of the textures are solid colors. For example, the stone texture has been changed from a rough-looking, complex texture into a 1-pixel, smooth block to look at. All ores (coal, iron, diamond, etc.) have been changed into 1 pixel, and the color being that of the ore. This pack redefines the original pack by making textures being easy to look at, a smooth, simplified look, and all colors are easy to look at, not harsh. This texture pack is great for anyone looking for a smooth, simplified, but yet defined experience.
The Original Limelife Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 Main Features
- Smooth, simple textures
- Some blocks have a 1×1 resolution
- Extremely easy to look at
- Easier to see ores in caves
The Original Limelife Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 Pros and Cons
- Pros: Easy to look at, textures are all very simple and sleek, but it’s also easy to distinguish blocks from each other
- Cons: Some people might not like the simplified look of the pack, especially the 1×1 resoultion of some textures
How to Install The Original Limelife Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.7.9, 1.7.2 and 1.6.4
- Install Optifine or MCPatcher for optimal performance
- Once installed, download the pack
- Go to your Start menu, search %appdata%, and click on your Roaming folder
- Navigate to .minecraft>resourcepacks
- Drag and Drop the file you downloaded into your resourcepacks folder
- Enjoy your new smooth, simplified Minecraft!